Completing any competitive race is a joyous accomplishment. However, running through Walt Disney World in Orlando is a magically rewarding experience. This January, join the race in celebration of Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend’s 30th anniversary.
Marathon Weekend’s 30th Anniversary
Walt Disney World’s Marathon Weekend runs from Wednesday, January 4, to Sunday, January 8, 2023. During the extravagant, ‘90s-themed event, you can run distances as short as a 5k and as long as a marathon.
Experience the magic of Walt Disney World’s Marathon weekend. Lace up your sneakers for one or more of these races:
- Walt Disney World 5k – This 3.1-mile race takes place at 5 a.m. on January 5, 2023.
- Walt Disney World 10k – This 6.2-mile race takes place at 5 a.m. on January 6, 2023.
- Walt Disney World Half Marathon – This 13.1-mile race takes place at 5 a.m. on January 7, 2023.
- Walt Disney World Marathon – This 26.2-mile race takes place at 5 a.m. on January 8, 2023.
- Challenges – Some of this year’s special challenge races are:
- The Dopey Challenge requires the completion of all four races throughout the weekend.
- Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge involves the completion of the full and half marathons.
All race finishers are rewarded with a fun, retro Disney medal to showcase their accomplishments.
Run Back to Rosen Plaza
During a long weekend of running around Walt Disney World, it is important to have a relaxing place to rest. Rosen Plaza offers clean, comfortable rooms and affordable luxury. Our hotel puts you close to Walt Disney World and other popular Orlando attractions.